Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 22:34:23 UTC

Apache Directory Studio website text.

Hi all,

I want to change the first paragraph of the Apache Studio Directory website
from:

Apache Directory Studio is a complete directory tooling platform intended
to be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly designed for use
with ApacheDS. It is an Eclipse RCP application, composed of several
Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, that can be easily upgraded with additional ones.
These plugins can even run within Eclipse itself.

to:

Apache Directory Studio is a complete directory management client intended
to be used with any LDAP server, however it is particularly designed for
use with Apache Directory Server. It is an Eclipse RCP application,
composed of several Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, that can be easily upgraded
with additional ones. These plugins can even run within Eclipse itself.

Also I want to change the tagline from:

The Eclipse-based LDAP browser and directory client

to:

Eclipse based Directory Client and LDAP Browser

What do you think?

Best regards

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Apache Directory Studio website text.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
The reason for swapping positions is coming from a sorting habit I have.
This way it not only alphabetically correct, but more important it:

   1. it relates back to our project and our directory server (implicitly)
   before generic ldap
   2. it emphasises that it works for the various directory servers more
   (ldapd is a subset of directory servers)

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.