Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2018/04/12 10:03:26 UTC

How do we "release" our Docker image?

Hi,

I've added sha1 validation of the downloaded Sling jar to
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-starter-docker

Beyond releasing that module, what's the process for updating the
corresponding Docker image?

-Bertrand

Re: How do we "release" our Docker image?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-04-12 at 11:26 +0000, Andrei Dulvac wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, 12:10 Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Andrei,
> >
> > On Thu, 2018-04-12 at 10:08 +0000, Andrei Dulvac wrote:
> > > BTW, nexus OSS supports proxy docker registries. Do we have that
> > > configured
> > > on the apache nexus?
> >
> > (Please try not to top-post, it breaks the conversation flow)
> >
> > Not to my knowledge. What would be the benefit of doing that?
> >

> Sorry for top-posting. It's sometimes awkward from mobile.
> The benefit, as I see it, is that it would be the same endpoint as
> other
> apache artifacts  and it would show on repo.apache.org. Maybe maven
> plugins
> _might_ even be able to pull them directly.
>
> Imo, ideally we'd have a docker registry hosted in nexus,but this is
> the
> next best thing.

Got it. If you have a specific use case for that I suggest you ask
infra to look into it and explain why you need those. BTW, the docker
plugins that I'm working with usually are able to work with dockerhub
just fine - I expect that adding a different docker repository would be
the edge case, not the rule.

Robert

Re: How do we "release" our Docker image?

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <du...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, 12:10 Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrei,
>
> On Thu, 2018-04-12 at 10:08 +0000, Andrei Dulvac wrote:
> > BTW, nexus OSS supports proxy docker registries. Do we have that
> > configured
> > on the apache nexus?
>
> (Please try not to top-post, it breaks the conversation flow)
>
> Not to my knowledge. What would be the benefit of doing that?

Sorry for top-posting. It's sometimes awkward from mobile.
The benefit, as I see it, is that it would be the same endpoint as other
apache artifacts  and it would show on repo.apache.org. Maybe maven plugins
_might_ even be able to pull them directly.

Imo, ideally we'd have a docker registry hosted in nexus,but this is the
next best thing.

- Andrei

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrei,

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <du...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-04-12 at 13:15 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Robert Munteanu <rombert@apache.org
> > wrote:
> > ...We use dockerhub automated builds...
>
> Ok, thanks! I have added a link from the Git README to the wiki.
>
> My changes are minor, I suppose it's best to leave version 10 as is
> and release the improved download checking with the next version,
> WDYT?

Sounds good to me.

Thanks,

Robert

Re: How do we "release" our Docker image?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Bertrand,