Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rajath Shashidhara <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/20 13:58:17 UTC

Re: Next Step

Hello Juergen,

In the example provided by you, there is an xdl file which describes the
the UI of the dialog box.
I looked up the xdl file. Each element has an id and a help url associated
with it.

I looked up both OptionsPageDemo.java and OptionsHandlerImpl.java

OptionsPageDemo implements XDispatchProvider and XDispatch interfaces.
the queryDispatch has URL as a parameter.
The scheme of this URL seems to resemble the help-url attribute in the xdl
file.
The code in the queryDispatch():
if ( aURL.Protocol.compareTo("org.openoffice.demo.optionspagedemo:") == 0 )
        {
            if ( aURL.Path.compareTo("insertMsg") == 0 )
                return this;
        }
        return null;

this seems to search for a help-url :
    org.openoffice.demo.optionspagedemo:insertMsg

but, i couldn't locate this url in the xdl file.
so, my initial assumption that help-url = url in queryDispach() must be
wrong.

Also, what is Dispatch? I don't seem the understand that term.

Also the dispatch() in XDispatch in this example seems to add the text from
the message box which was stored in registry using the HandlerImpl class to
a text document.
Is that right?

Now speaking of the handlerImpl class:
in the callHandlerMethod()
this line:
sMethodName.equals("external_event")
needs some explanation. Where is "external_event" defined? Also, in the
openoffice dialog editor, when i right click an dialog object, I see a menu
to link the event on the object to a component.

the listed events don't seem to have "external_event". So, what action  by
user triggers "external_event".
This handlerImpl class saves/loads the option data entered by user to
openoffice registry.

Thanks.

--
Rajath S,