Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Scott Kurz <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/17 15:32:23 UTC

BUILD BREAK looking for: ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:SNAPSHOT

I think this is a real build break (not a bad pom in my maven repo)...  I
pasted my Maven output below after pulling the entire 'java' SVN branch and
building....

I don't see that any of the remote repo sites contain SNAPSHOT versions of
the Axis2 jars such as axiom-api, so I'm wondering how people are building
against these...

Are you manually grabbing the jars from somewhere and hand-copying them into
your local Maven repo under 'SNAPSHOT' version names?

Thanks

mvn output pasted:

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Tuscany Data Binding for Axiom
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ws-commons/axiom-impl/SNAPSHOT/axiom-impl-SNAPSHOT.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)
Downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ws-commons/axiom-api/SNAPSHOT/axiom-api-SNAPSHOT.pom
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ws-commons/axiom-api/SNAPSHOT/axiom-api-SNAPSHOT.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=ws-commons -DartifactId=axiom-api \
          -Dversion=SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.tuscany.databinding:databinding-axiom:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.tuscany.databinding:databinding-axiom:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  ibiblio (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)

Re: BUILD BREAK looking for: ws-commons:axiom-api:jar:SNAPSHOT

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I too pulled the code this morning and ran into this problem.  Since I was
to look into something and not add anything I resorted to changing the
pom.xml to get the build going and it went thro.

- Venkat

Posted by Rick <cr...@gmail.com>.