Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Osvaldo A. Cifuentes R." <os...@epm.net.co> on 2003/01/23 03:54:48 UTC

Problem MalformedURLException

hi to all!

I'm rather new to log4j, I am using tomcat 4.1.18,log4j-1.3alpha and
commons-logging.
when I place the log4j.xml in /WEB-INF/classes

I observe an exception

log4j:ERROR Could not parse input source
[org.xml.sax.InputSource@770d2e].
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: log4j.dtd
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:579)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:476)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:425)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.
java:807)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(XMLEntityManag
er.java:767)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

How do I fix this?

Osvaldo Andres Cifuentes Restrepo
IT Solutions (Java/Linux). FreeLance.
Rionegro-Antioquia, Colombia