Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Robert Wray <bo...@bellsouth.net> on 2014/04/05 00:13:13 UTC

windows 7

Hi Folks,  I note that Open Office is compatible with windows XP and 8 but windows 7 is not mentioned.  Can I use it with Windows 7?  Thanks.
Bob
bobrosie@bellsouth.net

Re: windows 7

Posted by Josef Latt <Jo...@gmx.net>.

Am 16.04.2014 01:35, schrieb Kay Schenk:

> On 04/15/2014 03:33 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 05/04/2014 Robert Wray wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,  I note that Open Office is compatible with windows XP and
>>> 8 but windows 7 is not mentioned.  Can I use it with Windows 7?
>>
>> Sure you can. Can you please let us know if this information is missing
>> somewhere on our site? We'll be happy to correct the page if it only
>> mentions Windows XP and 8.
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Andrea.
>
> It's mentioned in the system requirements page:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo40.html

Open your eyes!

I read this on the page:
"Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8"

Regards

Re: windows 7

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 04/15/2014 03:33 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 05/04/2014 Robert Wray wrote:
>> Hi Folks,  I note that Open Office is compatible with windows XP and
>> 8 but windows 7 is not mentioned.  Can I use it with Windows 7?
>
> Sure you can. Can you please let us know if this information is missing
> somewhere on our site? We'll be happy to correct the page if it only
> mentions Windows XP and 8.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

It's mentioned in the system requirements page:

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo40.html

MzK

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
                                -- Helen Keller

Re: windows 7

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: windows 7

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Robert Wray wrote:
> Hi Folks,  I note that Open Office is compatible with windows XP and 8 but windows 7 is not mentioned.  Can I use it with Windows 7?  Thanks.
> Bob
> bobrosie@bellsouth.net

It runs fine on my Windows 7 computer.

BTW, you may want to check the date on your computer.  It appears you
sent your message on April 4.  It's not hard to sync it to an NTP server
on the Internet.

Re: windows 7

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 04/15/2014 06:04 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote:
> I've been using 4.0.1 very well with Windoze 7 Home Premium.
>

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Robert Wray <bo...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,  I note that Open Office is compatible with windows XP and 8 but
>> windows 7 is not mentioned.  Can I use it with Windows 7?  Thanks.
>> Bob
>> bobrosie@bellsouth.net
It also works fine in Win 7 Professional.

Re: windows 7

Posted by Jim McLaughlin <jj...@gmail.com>.