Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Cheng Tan <ct...@confluent.io> on 2020/04/13 22:43:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-593: Enable --if-exists and --if-not-exists for AdminClient in TopicCommand

Hi developers,

In kafka-topic.sh, we expect to use --if-exists to ensure that the topic to create or change exists. Similarly, we expect to use --if-not-exists to ensure that the topic to create or change does not exist. Currently, only ZookeeperTopicService supports these two options. We want to introduce them to AdminClientTopicService. Please let me know if you have any thought or idea related to this KIP.

Here’s the link to the KIP:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-593%3A+Enable+--if-exists+and+--if-not-exists+for+AdminClient+in+TopicCommand <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-593:+Enable+--if-exists+and+--if-not-exists+for+AdminClient+in+TopicCommand>

Thanks,

- Cheng Tan