Posted to users@airflow.apache.org by Dhiddi Sunil <su...@optum.com> on 2021/08/18 15:32:34 UTC

RE: SSLCertVerificationError while invoking API from AIRFLOW

Hi Team,

Can someone please advice,

we are facing an issue "SSLCertVerificationError" when we  are running load balancer by invoking web api using request.get method from airflow.

Here is the example
requests.get(https://odisstgbk.abc.com/....,verify=False)

Error Message :
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='odisstgbk.abc.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /odis/sendEmail?processId=af894c13-77b5-4d9b-98bf-24833f16a8e8&status=FAILED&mails=venkatesh_gurram%40optum.com (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1076)'))).
Though we are adding verify=False parameter we are getting same issue.

Please help us to resolve this issue ASAP.

The certificate applied to odisstgbk.abc.com is an abcCA signed certificate that is valid until 7/29/2022.
Please ensure you have the abcCA root certificates in your trust store (contact Certificate Services team if you need them).
If you need the certificate changed from abc CA to Comodo CA, the VIP owner will need to submit a request through the API system (as the VIP is in OSFI) to change the certificate type.

I found below 2 n cfg file, what exactly I need to fill for below two in cfg file ?

# Paths to the SSL certificate and key for the web server. When both are # provided SSL will be enabled. This does not change the web server port.
web_server_ssl_cert =
# Paths to the SSL certificate and key for the web server. When both are # provided SSL will be enabled. This does not change the web server port.
web_server_ssl_key =

Re: SSLCertVerificationError while invoking API from AIRFLOW

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
I have no idea - it's your server, it's not airflow's store is the
machine's store you are running it on. Just follow the link and maybe look
for other sources, sorry I am not able to help you to manage your own
machine :). I think you should learn how to do it anyway.

J.

Posted by Dhiddi Sunil <su...@optum.com>.
Thank you Potiuk,

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='odisstgbk.abc.com<http://odisstgbk.abc.com>', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /odis/sendEmail?processId=af894c13-77b5-4d9b-98bf-24833f16a8e8&status=FAILED&mails=venkatesh_gurram%40optum.com<http://40optum.com> (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1076)'))).

The certificate applied to odisstgbk.abc.com<http://odisstgbk.abc.com> is an abcCA signed certificate that is valid until 7/29/2022.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.