Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/19 23:12:00 UTC

locating rampart-trust.mar

I gather that rampart-trust.mar contains the STS functionality.  I'm
looking to deploy, for now, a simple STS which I will eventually
implement a custom Issuer.  From the bottom of the quickstart doc[1],

  "Security Token Service can be set up as per WS-Trust specification
using Rampart. The default security token service shipped with the
rampart distribution is contained in the rampart-trust.mar module. It
can issue SCT tokens and SAML tokens. Sample05 contains a client that
connects to the default STS and obtain a SAML token. The services.xml
in the sample contains "saml-issuer-config" parameter that is used to
configure the default SAML issuer."

I'm unable to find rampart-trust.mar and obviously don't have the
necessary maven-fu to build it myself.  So, what's the best/easiest
way to stand up a standalone STS server?

thanks,
--tim

[1] - http://ws.apache.org/rampart/quick-start.html

Re: locating rampart-trust.mar

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

Thanks Nandana, i do have rahas.  The guide only describes how to
> deploy it while overriding the Issuer.  To deploy it without
> overriding the issuer, do I just create a service archive that only
> contains a services.xml file referencing rahas and rampart?

Rampart policy sample 05 shows how to do this. You need to engage "rampart"
and "rahas", and you also need to have a parameter called
"saml-issuer-config" , where you populate some properties related to SMAL
issuer. You can find a sample in services.xml [1] of sample 05.

regards,
nandana

[1] -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/rampart/trunk/java/modules/rampart-samples/policy/sample05/services.xml