Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/04/27 19:31:34 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/nt_service jk_nt_service.c

At 02:46 AM 4/27/2005, mturk@apache.org wrote:
>mturk       2005/04/27 00:46:22
>
>  -    hEventSource = RegisterEventSource(NULL, "Jakrta - Tomcat");
>  +    hEventSource = RegisterEventSource(NULL, "Jakarta - Tomcat");
>
>  -    sprintf(szMsg, "%s error: %d", "Jakrta - Tomcat", dwErr);
>  +    sprintf(szMsg, "%s error: %d", "Jakarta - Tomcat", dwErr);

Mladen, we are in the process of graduating.  If this is being
tweaked, why not "Apache Tomcat {descriptive} Event"?

Bill

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/nt_service jk_nt_service.c

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>> -    sprintf(szMsg, "%s error: %d", "Jakrta - Tomcat", dwErr);
>> +    sprintf(szMsg, "%s error: %d", "Jakarta - Tomcat", dwErr);
>
> Mladen, we are in the process of graduating.  If this is being
> tweaked, why not "Apache Tomcat {descriptive} Event"?

Well, you said you will maintain the nt-service, so feel free to
tweak that as desired ;)

Personally I think that the nt-service is useless project, because
we have a full-blown nt service wrapper and manager for Tomcat5
(procrun in commons/daemon), so I see no point to maintain
an additional service wrapper whatsoever.
That's why I would like to see that deprecated for 1.3 branch.

Regards,
Mladen.