Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by "Johnson, Eric" <Er...@iona.com> on 2006/11/20 20:46:23 UTC

-b option

Does the -b option override the values in the virtualhost.xml file? or
does it override something else?

Re: -b option

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
No, -b is not related to the virtualhosts.xml.

The real reason for the vistualhosts.xml file is to allow configuration of
queues to create at broker startup (see second last q on
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Java+FAQ) on a per
virtual host basis.

The -b option simply overrides the default config setting for binding of the
broker to an address (i.e. default config points to port 5672 and I suspect
localhost ?).

I think if you use -b myserver:myport then the broker will start on that
ip/port instead.

See this link for more config info (though I realise now we could do with
more examples):

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Design+-+Configuration

Hth,
Marnie