Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Daniel H. F. e Silva" <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/23 19:28:45 UTC

[OT] Is it possible to use commons-el in a standalone application?

Hi,
 I know this is an off-topic message, but as many people here works with Jakarta Commons
components, i decided to start my search in this list.
 I was thinking about writing a Swing app where its config file would be a XML file. And i'd like
to put EL expressions in that file. So, my question is: is it possible to embed EL into a
standalone app?
 I was reading commons-el API docs and they make a lot of references to JSP implementation classes
(PageContext, VariableResolver, etc). So, in first glance, looks it is not possible. Is my
conclusion right?

 Thanks in advance for any hint.

Regards,
 Daniel Silva.

Re: [OT] Is it possible to use commons-el in a standalone application?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
You're much more likely to get a good answer to this if you post to
commons-user, where it would be ON topic. Asking on struts-user if you can
use a non-Struts library in a non-Struts app isn't the best approach. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper