Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2000/10/11 21:48:28 UTC

TO-DO List.

Stefano, Giacomo,

Can you please post a new TODO list?

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: TO-DO List.

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 22:03 +0200 11/10/00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>I officially propose both Davanum and Sebastien for CVS commit access.
>
>Votes welcome.

+ 1

jeez, they deserve it a shed-load more than me :)

Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: TO-DO List.

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@lineone.net>.
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Moreover, I think you and Sebastien bugged us enough with your patches,
> what about commit access? ;-)
>
> I officially propose both Davanum and Sebastien for CVS commit access.

+1 and +1 from me too.  I also thoroughly agree with the practise of
posting patching until Stefano gives in an nominates commit access (it
worked for me too!).

Ross Burton

Re: Problem with turbine-pool.jar version 1.4

Posted by ma...@home.se.
This doesn't solve the problem as it introduces another :(
The already compiled classes did work but when updating my pages they
refused to compile.

So I had to extract the ExtendedProperties files from the 1.3 jar and add
them to the 1.4 jar.

/Magnus

--
Magnus Egnerfors
Email: magnus.egnerfors@home.se

Re: getting what's in the ``Attic''

Posted by Neil Graham <ne...@cs.toronto.edu>.
Hi Ross,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Ross Burton wrote:

> The module is still called xml-cocoon, and there is a branch called
> xml-cocoon2.  The magic command is:
>
> cvs checkout -r xml-cocoon2 xml-cocoon

You were quite right--I got confused.  Your command worked perfectly.

Thanks!
Neil Graham

Re: getting what's in the ``Attic''

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.

Posted by Neil Graham <ne...@cs.toronto.edu>.
Hi Ross and all,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Ross Burton wrote:

> > So I CVS checked out the code, and found that, unlike the web-based
> > ``repository'' (available at <http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html>), the CVS
> > anonymous check out doesn't include the contents of the Attic
> > directories--where all the files of interest to me happen to lie.
> >
> > Obviously I'm curious about why this is, but more importantly I'd be very
> > appreciative if anyone could tell me of some automatic way by which I
> > could obtain everything that is in the xml-cocoon repository--including
> > all of its ``Attics''.
>
> If you want C2 remember to specify the cocoon-2 branch!  All of the C2
> code is in the Attic as that is where code which is not the head of the
> tree goes - as C2 is still in development and C1 is the active tree at
> present, you have C1.  cvs update -r cocoon2 is the command I think -
> IIRC it's on the web site though.

Thanks for the pointers.  According to the website, the only anonymously
cvs-able packages are:

	* xml-xerces
	* xml-xalan
	* xml-cocoon
	* xml-fop
	* xml-xang
	* xml-soap
	* xml-contrib (so-called "whiteboard" area)

and as you can see, C2 isn't mentoined.

Tried your suggested command both with 'cocoon2' and 'cocoon-2' and
received the pleasant-looking error message:

Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE
Protoc
ol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE
Protocol err
or: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol
error: 'D
irectory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol
error: 'Directo
ry' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE protocol
error: directory '/ho
me/cvs/xml-cocoon' not within root '/home/cvspublic'

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,
Neil Graham

Re: getting what's in the ``Attic''

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.

getting what's in the ``Attic''

Posted by Neil Graham <ne...@cs.toronto.edu>.
Hi folks,

I need to know just what Cocoon 2 does (or at least plans) to do with
XLink implementation.  So, I've looked through the mailing list archives,
and finally concluded that the best approach was to look at the code
that's been produced, since it would simply take too long to paint a
picture through the archives.

So I CVS checked out the code, and found that, unlike the web-based
``repository'' (available at <http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html>), the CVS
anonymous check out doesn't include the contents of the Attic
directories--where all the files of interest to me happen to lie.

Obviously I'm curious about why this is, but more importantly I'd be very
appreciative if anyone could tell me of some automatic way by which I
could obtain everything that is in the xml-cocoon repository--including
all of its ``Attics''.

Thanks in advance,
Neil Graham

Re: TO-DO List.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > Stefano, Giacomo,
> >
> > Can you please post a new TODO list?
>
> I'd pass the ball to Giacomo... I, for one, still have to finish up
> thinking about the content aggregation RT but Giacomo knows what to do
> for now.
>
> Moreover, I think you and Sebastien bugged us enough with your patches,
> what about commit access? ;-)
>
> I officially propose both Davanum and Sebastien for CVS commit access.

can't comment on the quality of their patches, as i haven't been active in
c2 for a long while, but their comments have been intelligent and their
persistence commendable. +1 from the c1 maintenance team. :)

- donald

Re: TO-DO List.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Stefano, Giacomo,
>
> Can you please post a new TODO list?

I'd pass the ball to Giacomo... I, for one, still have to finish up
thinking about the content aggregation RT but Giacomo knows what to do
for now.

Moreover, I think you and Sebastien bugged us enough with your patches,
what about commit access? ;-)

I officially propose both Davanum and Sebastien for CVS commit access.

Votes welcome.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.