Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sendoh <un...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/19 12:57:17 UTC

Accumulator with Elasticsearch Sink

Hi Flink users,

Did someone use accumulator with Elasticsearch Sink? So we can better
compare the last timestamps in the sink and the last timestamps in
Elasticsearch, in order to see how long does it take from the Elasticsearch
sink to Elasticsearch.

Best,

Sendoh

Re: Accumulator with Elasticsearch Sink

Posted by Sendoh <un...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gordon,

I commented the ticket. What would you think I start to implement it as
there is no progress recently?

I see it's only about adding metrics in the following class? and anyway I
probably would have to build it soon.

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-connectors/flink-connector-elasticsearch-base/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/connectors/elasticsearch/ElasticsearchSinkBase.java

Cheers,

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi Sendoh,

That sounds like a reasonable metric to add directly to the Elasticsearch connector.
Could you perhaps write a comment on that in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-7697?

Cheers,
Gordon