Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Janet Yvan <Yj...@dsmdir.cea.fr> on 2005/06/27 16:53:18 UTC

TR: Directory includes

Hi

I'm wondering how to use all the files from a directory to provide some kind
of news system onto my site. I'm currently using Cocoon 2.1.7 with Lenya
1.2.3.(I haven't yet switched to 1.2.4) on Win XP SP2/x86
Is there some kind of "generator" that would fit to my use ? (I don't think
<map:generate type="directory" .../> would be of any use, neither
aggregates).

Do someone have any piece of a solution ?
Thanks by Advance

Yvan

Re: TR: Directory includes

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net>.
On 2005-06-27 07:53:18 -0700, Janet Yvan <Yj...@dsmdir.cea.fr> said:

> Hi
>
> I'm wondering how to use all the files from a directory to provide some kind
> of news system onto my site. I'm currently using Cocoon 2.1.7 with Lenya
> 1.2.3.(I haven't yet switched to 1.2.4) on Win XP SP2/x86
> Is there some kind of "generator" that would fit to my use ? (I don't think
> <map:generate type="directory" .../> would be of any use, neither
> aggregates).
>
> Do someone have any piece of a solution ?

You might need to be a little more specific about how you want to map
directory content into the news system, but in any case... have you
looked at the XPathDirectoryGenerator?  It's quite powerful.

HTH,
—ml—