Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2001/10/11 21:41:06 UTC

Call object

It looks like in our Call object (and JAX-RPC's), there's no invoke method
which actually lets you specify the method on a per-invocation basis.  You
can do:

call.setOperation("getQuote");
call.invoke(args);

but not:

call.invoke("getQuote", args);

This seems inconvenient to me.  Can I request that we add this API to the
Axis Call object, and then anything which knows it's using the Axis one can
use it?  Essentially, if we're going to move away from ServiceClient towards
Call, I want Call to be as functional and as truly dynamic as ServiceClient,
even if this means extending beyond the JAX-RPC APIs.

I will, incidentally, also bring this up with JAX-RPC.

--Glen