Posted to user@pig.apache.org by James Kebinger <jk...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/30 20:21:16 UTC

Unable to disable compression of output

Hello, I'm running a pretty simple pig job but despite my best efforts to
disable compression, the output parts are written in in .lzo_deflate form
like

"/user/jkebinger/pigresults3.gz/part-r-00000.lzo_deflate"

I'm launching the job like this JAVA_OPTS=-Dmapred.output.compress=false
PIG_OPTS=-Dmapred.output.compress=false ../pig-0.10.0/bin/pig test.pig

in a vain effort to turn that off.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

The store statement looks like this:

STORE bothcountedp into '/user/jkebinger/pigresults3.gz' USING
PigStorage();

(the filename there has varied from no extension to .gz with no effect on
how the files inside it are treated)

thanks!

-James

Re: Unable to disable compression of output

Posted by James Kebinger <jk...@gmail.com>.
Turns out I needed to set the option inside my pig script, as in:

SET mapred.output.compress false;

Posted by James Kebinger <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yes, whatever I name the output directory, the files inside are compressed
with the lzo codec.

Posted by souri datta <so...@gmail.com>.
James,