Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by James Peach <jp...@apache.org> on 2013/08/19 21:03:55 UTC

switch to jenkins-job-builder for CI jobs

Hi all,

I've mostly beaten jenkins-job-builder into shape. I can generate a set of jobs that is almost the same as what we have in ci.trafficserver.org. The only difference is lack of support for the build timeout plugin <https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Build-timeout+Plugin>, and locks. I'm not really sure that the "locks" thing does. I haven't added the remote build trigger token because I'm not sure whether that's ok to put into a public repo.

I think the advantages of using jenkins-job-builders are
	- the ability to keep the jobs under source control
	- consistency in the job definitions
	- greater ability to make changes across multiple jobs

So if people agree that this is a good approach, I'd like to back up the current set of jobs, then delete them and replace them with the generated set to see how they goes.

cheers,
James

Re: switch to jenkins-job-builder for CI jobs

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
+1

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: switch to jenkins-job-builder for CI jobs

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Aug 19, 2013, at 12:03 PM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've mostly beaten jenkins-job-builder into shape. I can generate a set of jobs that is almost the same as what we have in ci.trafficserver.org. The only difference is lack of support for the build timeout plugin <https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Build-timeout+Plugin>, and locks. I'm not really sure that the "locks" thing does. I haven't added the remote build trigger token because I'm not sure whether that's ok to put into a public repo.
>
> I think the advantages of using jenkins-job-builders are
> 	- the ability to keep the jobs under source control
> 	- consistency in the job definitions
> 	- greater ability to make changes across multiple jobs
>
> So if people agree that this is a good approach, I'd like to back up the current set of jobs, then delete them and replace them with the generated set to see how they goes.

I'm going to work on this today. Jenkins will be out of service for a while