Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by "Granqvist, Hans" <hg...@verisign.com> on 2005/08/24 23:21:32 UTC

merlin, ibm jdk 1.4, and build process output

Some wss4j questions from a complete newbie.

1. There a store impl. called Merlin -- was merlin (of
baltimore.ie) involved with it? I'm just curious about
the name.

2. I can't seem to get a kosher build using IBM 1.4 JDK.
Can't figure out if it's because of 1.4 issues or because
it's not Sun's jvm. Anyone got more info?

3. The ant build process dumps a lot of info (and the wsdl
tasks always recompile) onto stdout. Intentional? I'd like
to clean it up otherwise.

Thanks,
Hans

Re: merlin, ibm jdk 1.4, and build process output

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Haven't tried IBM's JDK. Sun's JDK everything takes 2 mins or so to
build. Also please see below

On 8/24/05, Granqvist, Hans <hg...@verisign.com> wrote:
> Some wss4j questions from a complete newbie.
>
> 1. There a store impl. called Merlin -- was merlin (of
> baltimore.ie) involved with it? I'm just curious about
> the name.

Merlin was the name of JDK1.4 if i remember right. At the beginning we
wanted to hide JDK1.4 features behind an interface so that we could do
something with BC to provide an alternate impl that works with JDK1.3
(I still would love to have 1.3 support)

> 2. I can't seem to get a kosher build using IBM 1.4 JDK.
> Can't figure out if it's because of 1.4 issues or because
> it's not Sun's jvm. Anyone got more info?

Please see above.

> 3. The ant build process dumps a lot of info (and the wsdl
> tasks always recompile) onto stdout. Intentional? I'd like
> to clean it up otherwise.

Whole process takes 2 mins or so. sounds weird. Yes we can (should?)
add checks for uptodate using the coresponding ant task and ensure
that wsdl2java does not run again and again.

Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: merlin, ibm jdk 1.4, and build process output

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.