Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com> on 2002/03/20 06:42:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Struts 1.1 Beta 1 Released

The Struts team is proud to announce the release of Struts 1.1 Beta 1. This
release includes significant new functionality, while retaining full
backwards compatibility with earlier versions of Struts. It also
incorporates fixes for a number of bugs which were reported against earlier
versions.

The binary distribution is available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.1-b1/

and the source distribution is available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.1-b1/src/

In addition, the library distibution, which contains updated binaries
without the sample applications, is available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.01-b1/lib/

Details of the changes in this release are available in the Release Notes,
which can be found here:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/release-notes-1.1-b1.html

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Struts 1.1 Beta 1 Released

Posted by Filipe Mateus <fi...@fbn.ca>.
I downloaded the 1.1 Beta 1 and to my surprise, struts.jar does not contain org/apache/struts/actions/ReloadAction anymore.  The tool was very handy, why was it removed?  However, the struts-config of struts-blank.war still refers the admin functions.

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:42:50 -0800
"Martin Cooper" <ma...@tumbleweed.com> wrote:

> The Struts team is proud to announce the release of Struts 1.1 Beta 1. This
> release includes significant new functionality, while retaining full
> backwards compatibility with earlier versions of Struts. It also
> incorporates fixes for a number of bugs which were reported against earlier
> versions.
>
> The binary distribution is available at:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.1-b1/
>
> and the source distribution is available at:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.1-b1/src/
>
> In addition, the library distibution, which contains updated binaries
> without the sample applications, is available at:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.01-b1/lib/
>
> Details of the changes in this release are available in the Release Notes,
> which can be found here:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/release-notes-1.1-b1.html
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

Financiere Banque Nationale et NBCN n'assument
aucune responsabilite quant a la confidentialite et l'integrite du
present courriel en raison des risques d'interception inherents
a l'Internet. Pour cette raison, toute opinion exprimee au terme
des presentes ne reflete pas necessairement celle de
Financiere Banque Nationale et de NBCN.
Due to the security risks involved in sending information over the
Internet, National Bank Financial  and NBCN cannot be held responsible
for ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of the present e-mail. For this
reason, the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of
National Bank Financial and NBCN.

Struts 1.1 Beta 1 Released : newbee question

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
Hello,

I try to install the sample applications included in this new release on
Tomcat 3.2 (windows 2000).
I put the war in the "webapps" directory and restarted Tomcat.

The "struts-template", "struts-example", "struts-exercise-taglib" and
"struts-documentation" applications work fine, but I get Exceptions with
"struts-blank", "struts-validator", "struts-tiles" :

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

or

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.processDefinitionName(InsertTag.jav
a:502)

For the fist case, I looked in struts-validator.war, containing
commons-logging.jar, itself containing the LogFactoryImpl.class.

What's the problem ?