Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Julia Meinwald <Ju...@twosigma.com> on 2019/03/06 19:56:37 UTC

Airflow sprint?

Hello!

Sorry for the email from out of the blue.  I'm the open source program manager at Two Sigma, and help out with TS Open, our annual OSS Hackathon.  For the event, we pick an open source project that people at the company are excited about, then work with core contributors to curate a beginner-friendly issue list.  In the past, someone from the project has also come to the company to give a talk about the project, and been onsite for the day of the hackathon to help facilitate, as well as helping to make sure that pull requests are accepted in a timely manner. It's a beneficial experience both for our employees, who are thrilled to spend some time on open source contribution and learn a lot, and for the projects, who hopefully benefit from the work done.  Our past three events were centered on scikit-learn (with Andreas Mueller), Jupyterlab (with Brian Granger, Jason Grout and Chris Colbert), and Pandas (with Jeff Reback.)  We're picking this year's project, and Apache Airflow is on our short list, so I wanted to reach out to see if something like this would be of any interest to you.  Thanks in advance for considering it!

Cheers,
Julia