Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Manohar K Chintala <cm...@in.ibm.com> on 2004/12/14 15:34:38 UTC

New Tests for Axis C++ client

Hi,

My name is Manohar, from IBM, and I am a new bee to this group.

I am in a group which is working to provide full FV test coverage for the
public APIs in the Axis C++ client engine. Although many of these tests
already exist the list of APIs covered by them is not complete, and they
are based upon the RPC:Encoded InteropTestRound1 WSDL which is not
supported/recommended for interoperability by WS-I.

I have been working on the Stub transport related APIs and have based the
tests on the Document:Literal CalculatorDoc.wsdl. So far I have written 3
tests covering the following APIs:

setTransportProperty
getFirstTrasportPropertyKey
getNextTrasportPropertyKey
getCurrentTrasportPropertyKey
getCurrentTrasportPropertyValue
deleteTrasportProperty
deleteCurrentTrasportProperty
setTransportProtocol
getTransportProtocol
setTransportTimeout

These tests work properly in the new ant test framework prepared by Andrew.
All the required files have been created for these tests which includes,
test output files, request files, WSDLs and source code.

I would like to submit them into CVS and believe that I need to raise a
Jira for this and attach the code to it, then if the code is OK it can be
committed.

Regards
Manohar
Manohar Kumar.Ch
DM2H17, IBM Hursley Park.
Hursley, Winchester, UK.
Ph:- 44-1962-811910 ( Ext) . Internal : 241910
internet id: cmanohar@in.ibm.com

Re: New Tests for Axis C++ client

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.

Hi I'm trying to find some info on what setProxy should do because at the
moment it seems to do nothing.
Should it update the HTTP Header? If so what should be added? Connection?

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM C/C++ Web Services Client
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa.abeysingh
             e@gmail.com>                                               To
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             15/12/2004 01:33          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: New Tests for Axis C++ client
             Developers List"

+1 for the tests.

There is a setProxy in the transport.
I have never tested this with the new transport, and I got the gut
feel there are few bugs there.
I am not sure if setting proxy is that useful, but if you feel that is
useful you can include it in the test.

Thanks,
Samisa...

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:12:52 +0000, Manohar K Chintala
<cm...@in.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To test the TransportTimeout, I've copied the CalculatorDoc service and
> added a timeout before it returns.
> Also, I only have a Java service available for this but need to create
one
> for Axis C++ Server.
>
> Regards
> Manohar
>
>              Andrew Perry2
>              <PERRYAN@uk.ibm.c
>              om>
>                                        "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
>              12/14/2004 02:53          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
>              PM
cc

Subject

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
This is not documentd, as are most of the stuff with transport.
Will do so soon as well as fix the problems, may be in 1.5 (will
create a Jira). Till that lets forget Proxy for the time bing
(assuming its low priority).
Samisa...

Posted by Manohar K Chintala <cm...@in.ibm.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.