Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel McBrearty <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 11:00:08 UTC

[users@httpd] content negotiation by directory

Hi

I have multilingual content on my site, but I wish to organise it
differently to the way described in 'content negotiation' in th docs.
(I am running 2.2.)

If the user requests '/' with a preference for 'fr', I would like to server

/fr/index.html

and so on.

I don't see any way to do this at present without
 - having /index.fr.html as a redirect, or,
 - using mod_perl to intercept the cycle (which is a possible as I
already use mod_perl)

any ideas?

thanks

Daniel