Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Timothee Maret <tm...@apache.org> on 2022/04/28 07:26:41 UTC

[RFC] Deprecate Avro and Kryo Content Distribution serialisers

Hi,

I would like to deprecate the following modules

https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-distribution-avro-serializer

https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-distribution-kryo-serializer

IIRC those modules attempted to move away from FileVault serialisation for
Content Distribution but never got released and did not get a semantic
change since 2017.

I'll wait for 1 day and in case of consensus will follow the process in [0]
to deprecate the modules. Please shout you if you think we should keep them
active.

Regards,

Timothee

[0]
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/deprecating-sling-modules.html

Re: [RFC] Deprecate Avro and Kryo Content Distribution serialisers

Posted by Timothee Maret <tm...@apache.org>.
Thank you Robert.

I have deprecated the two modules.

Regards,