Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Alexander Smirnov <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/01 15:19:28 UTC

Flink log and out files

Hi,

could you please explain the difference between *.log and *.out files in
Flink?
What information is supposed to be in each of them?
Is "log" a subset of "out"?
How do I setup rotation with gzipping?

Thank you,
Alex

Re: Flink log and out files

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander,

Yes, usually if you configure the log output as a .log file, the .out file
will not have content, but sometimes some fatal exceptions, such as JVM
exit exceptions, may be printed to the .out file.
If Flink logs appear in your .out file, and it seems that the format of the
log is inconsistent with the format you configured in the configuration
file, it is likely that SLF4j detects that there are multiple interface
implementation bindings in your jar dependency.
This will cause the log output to be abnormal, which we have encountered
before.

Thanks, vino.

Re: Flink log and out files

Posted by Alexander Smirnov <al...@gmail.com>.
thanks guys,

Re: Flink log and out files

Posted by Andrey Zagrebin <an...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Alexander,

there is also a doc link where log configuration  is described:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/monitoring/logging.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/monitoring/logging.html>

Re: Flink log and out files

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander: