Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2004/01/16 01:57:24 UTC

Re: Apache Maven Developer Repostory

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 11:03, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> I'm not sure if this got onto the maven groups radar.
>
> I'd like to get feedback from the Maven group (or others who have access
> to ibiblio for deploying artifacts).
>
> What is your position on managing/maintain a maven ropository locally
> here on apache servers that will be used to supply the ibiblio mirror
> with all our "Apache Artifacts"?

I say just get infrastructure to make a directory that is accessible to
committers and then it only takes a minute to mail the ibiblio admins to
pull from Apache at a 4 hour intervals.

> Are there any "local" Maven repositories in standard locations on
> servers like cvs.apache.org?

Not yet, but you ask infrastructure what you would like and I'm sure
they would be happy to service your request.

If you get directory structure happening, I would be happy to contact to
ibiblio and give them the details so they can setup the pull.

This would definitely work right now, and if you want to do it in the
dist directory so your repo gets mirrored then people can use those as
well. They would just simply have to point at their local mirror
containing the repository by adding an entry in their build.properties.

Happy to help on the ibiblio end if you get things set up here, but
there are no objections here.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: Apache Maven Developer Repostory

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Yes, thats a little too "left field" isn't it. I'll stick to the game plan.

-M.

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://osprey.hmdc.harvard.edu

Re: Apache Maven Developer Repostory

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
> [...]

> > committers and then it only takes a minute to mail the ibiblio admins to
> > pull from Apache at a 4 hour intervals.
> >

> >>Are there any "local" Maven repositories in standard locations on
> >>servers like cvs.apache.org?
> >

> > Not yet, but you ask infrastructure what you would like and I'm sure
> > they would be happy to service your request.
> >
> > If you get directory structure happening, I would be happy to contact to
> > ibiblio and give them the details so they can setup the pull.
> >
> > This would definitely work right now, and if you want to do it in the
> > dist directory so your repo gets mirrored then people can use those as
> > well. They would just simply have to point at their local mirror
> > containing the repository by adding an entry in their build.properties.
> >
> > Happy to help on the ibiblio end if you get things set up here, but

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

-- Thoreau

Re: Apache Maven Developer Repostory

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.