Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitesports.com> on 2002/04/10 23:35:01 UTC

log4j vs jdk 1.4 logging

I am in the position of recommending the adoption of either something like log4j or the jdk 1.4 logging classes to replace a home-grown logging system that has seen better days.

Can someone point me at an article comparing log4j to jdk1.4 java.util.logging?  Or failing that, give me their opinion on the pros and cons of each?

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Ignite Sports, Inc.
stevec@ignitesports.com