Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Romi <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/23 11:33:25 UTC

problem with "?" wild card searches in solr

I am using solr for search . i am facing problem with wildcard searches.
when i search for dia?mond i get result for diamond
but when i search for ban?le i get no result.

what can be the problem

-----
Thanks & Regards
Romi

Re: problem with "?" wild card searches in solr

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
Are you using stemming on that field? Sometimes stemming and wildcards don't
get along very well. If you are, take a look at how the terms that should
match "ban?le" are analyzed on the Analysis section of the admin.

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
you can use solr analysis tool from the admin page and see how an analysis
and querying are done for a specific term.

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Romi <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using solr for search . i am facing problem with wildcard searches.
> when i search for dia?mond i get result for diamond
> but when i search for ban?le i get no result.
>
> what can be the problem
>
> -----
> Thanks & Regards
> Romi