Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jameson Watkins <JW...@kumc.edu> on 2006/02/15 19:23:17 UTC

Limiting # of posts per page

Hi,

I'm having a hard time with Roller 2.0 in limiting the # of posts per
page, in this case to eight.

In my 1.x version, it looks like #showWeblogEntries("_day" 8) in the
weblog template did the trick, but in my test copy of 2.0,
#showWeblogEntries("_day" 8) looks like it's limiting the # of posts
based on eight days, not eight posts.

Thanks.

Jameson Watkins
Director, Internet Development
University of Kansas Medical Center
http://www.kumc.edu/
913-588-7387

Re: Limiting # of posts per page

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.
On Feb 15, 2006, at 1:23 PM, Jameson Watkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a hard time with Roller 2.0 in limiting the # of posts per
> page, in this case to eight.
>
> In my 1.x version, it looks like #showWeblogEntries("_day" 8) in the
> weblog template did the trick, but in my test copy of 2.0,
> #showWeblogEntries("_day" 8) looks like it's limiting the # of posts
> based on eight days, not eight posts.

You sure about that? I'm pretty certain we never limited posts by
"number of days" and we actually use that max-entries number as the
LIMIT expression when we query the WEBLOGENTRY table.

  - Dave