Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/07/27 07:03:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Compress 1.2 Based on 1.2RC1

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/compress/tags/COMPRESS_1.2_RC1/

Site:

http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/commons-compress-1.2RC1/site/

Maven Artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-004/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.2/

Tarballs/ZIPs:

http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/commons-compress-1.2RC1/

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress 1.2 Based on 1.2RC1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1 release it

checked sigs, md5 and sha1 all well.
All package can be extracted
site looks ok

http://www.grobmeier.de

[VOTE][Cancelled] Release Commons Compress 1.2 Based on 1.2RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-07-27, sebb wrote:

> On 27 July 2011 06:03, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

>> Tarballs/ZIPs:

>> http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/commons-compress-1.2RC1/

>> [ ] +1 release it
>> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
>> [X] -1 no, do not release it because

> The source archives contain a temporary copy of the site (looks like
> you may have created the archives after doing a site:stage or
> similar).

Yes, that's what I did.  It wans't after I staged the site that I
discovered that "mvn deploy" did not create the tarballs.  Will take a
closer look next time.

> The source archive should only contain files that are in SVN (that's
> how I found the problem, comparing the tag with a source archive).

Absolutely.

> Also, it would be nice if there was a Clirr report.

I have no idea what this would take, maybe for 1.3.

For now I'll re-roll the release (including Hen's Javadoc fix) later
today or tomorrow.

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: [compress] Staging Site in src/site (was Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress 1.2 Based on 1.2RC1)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29 July 2011 18:02, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 July 2011 05:52, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2011-07-27, sebb wrote:
>>
>>> Aside:
>>
>>> Seems wrong that site plugin creates output under src/site - surely it
>>> should be created under target?
>>> Is there a bug in the POM or the Commons Parent POM - or is it a bug
>>> in the site plugin?
>>
>> Apart from the obvious fact that I don't know what I do when I use mvn
>> so it could always be a driver's error, this is what the UsingNexus wiki
>> page says:
>>
>> ,----
>> | Once done, run a command like this from your tag:
>> |
>> | mvn site:stage-deploy -DstagingDirectory=src/site \
>> | -DstagingSiteURL=scp://[...]/people.apache.org/builds/commons/compress/1.1/RC1
>> `----
>>
>> the -DstagingDirectory looks suspicious.
>
> Ah, that could be it. I wondered why I did not get the same problem.
>
> Will  try to find out who added that to the Wiki to find out why they
> think it's necessary ...

Looks like it was Christian that added that section - is the
stagingDirectory definition really needed?
If so, can it be moved somewhere else, e.g. under target/ ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27 July 2011 06:03, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/compress/tags/COMPRESS_1.2_RC1/
>
> Site:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/commons-compress-1.2RC1/site/
>
> Maven Artifacts:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-004/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.2/
>
> Tarballs/ZIPs:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/commons-compress-1.2RC1/
>
> [ ] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [X] -1 no, do not release it because

The source archives contain a temporary copy of the site (looks like
you may have created the archives after doing a site:stage or
similar).

The source archive should only contain files that are in SVN (that's
how I found the problem, comparing the tag with a source archive).

Also, it would be nice if there was a Clirr report.

Apart from that, the RC looks fine.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Sigs look good.

Source unpacks happily and builds (OS X, JDK 1.6).

Release notes look good.

+1.

Hen