Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sameer Kumar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/04 12:17:07 UTC

Adding partitons | Unaffected producers

According to Kafka docs, producer decides on which partition the data shall
reside. I am aware that neither broker nor producer needs to be restarted
to detect added partitions.

Would like to understand if there is some frequency through which producer
detects new partitions.

Though consumers were not made partiton aware, any possible reasons for the
same.

-Sameer.

Re: Adding partitons | Unaffected producers

Posted by Sameer Kumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Any possible reasons why we didnt made consumers partition aware.
do we have a similar property for consumers.

I found that in streams application, if i increase partitions i need to
restart my stream application, same would hold for consumers as well.

-Sameer.

Posted by Hans Jespersen <ha...@confluent.io>.