Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2001/12/16 12:25:43 UTC

RE: Cactus1.2 UML Diagrams

Thanks very much David. I have had a look at the generated HTML. I think
I would prefer another format ... The generated HTML contains the
javadoc + class diagram on the same page. We already have the javadoc on
the web site so this not needed and I find it clutters the screen so you
can't clearly see the javadoc and the class diagram (although you can
resize the windows) at the same time.

Here is what I would prefer :
* We keep the javadoc as it is now.
* We add some UML diagrams (manually created and not generated as it far
from perfect, badly positioned, ...). I would ideally like :
- class diagram
- sequence diagram
(I find a diagram like
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/cache.html is very clear and
add great value).

To be honest, the class diagram that was generated is not very good and
I don't see how someone could make something out of it (I actually don't
find it better than the javadoc).

For me, the UML diagrams is supposed to be a modeling tool, thus it
should abstract a few things and present several views of the same
thing, but each one abstracting things only highlighting some aspect.
All this in order to better understand the design.

So, what I would really like is to have these diagrams and add them to
the Architecture page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html).

What do you think ?

Note: I have copied the list as I'd like to know what other think.

Thanks
-Vincent