Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Hassen Riahi <Ha...@cern.ch> on 2012/04/18 22:13:38 UTC

Open the input file

Hi all,

I am using the streaming library of hadoop-0.20 to be able to write map and reduce functions in python.
Is it possible to make hadoop MapReduce not opening the input files? the map function does not need the stream of input files contents. Has someone tried this already?

Thanks!
Hassen

Re: Open the input file