Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/29 08:25:10 UTC

Fwd: [VOTE] Retire Bluesky Podling

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: berndf <be...@apache.org>
Date: 2011/6/28
Subject: [VOTE] Retire Bluesky Podling
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org

Hi everyone,

this is a vote to retire the Bluesky podling.

3.5 years into incubation, the podling has not made progress in terms of
becoming an Apache project. Dev is still done behind closed doors, and
developers are changing frequently without notifications on the public
lists. Mentors are M.I.A. Reports are often late. No Apache release was
every made.

There were multiple attempts to reboot the podling (Thanks Luciano!)
without much success.

So now I'm calling a vote to end Incubation for Bluesky.
The vote is open at least until 2011-07-02 12:00 UTC.

[] +1, retire Bluesky for the time being
[] -0/+0, I'm undecided
[] -1, I will step up as a mentor, so let's give it another try

Thanks for voting,

 Bernd

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

Re: [VOTE] Retire Bluesky Podling

Posted by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
hi, all:
     We'd better find a new mentor as soon as possible. Or what we've would
become futile.... it wouldn't be happy for us to see....
regards
Kevin