Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/08/25 12:10:31 UTC

Re: Filtering spam in national language

> I work in an italian company, we are receiving some spam written in (very
> bad) italian language, obviously produced by some automatic translator.
> Although their content is heavily pornographic, the spam score is very low,
> because they don't match any of the porn-specific rules, which are designed
> only for english language.
> Does anybody know how can we extend the basic rules to add support for
> italian language pornografic spam?

There are a number of language-specific rulesets on
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CustomRulesets , such as the
http://www.ccert.edu.cn/spam/sa/Chinese_rules.cf ruleset, written to
catch spam written in Chinese.  I would suggest that this is the
best approach -- maintain your own ruleset to catch them...
writing SpamAssassin rules is quite easy ;)

--j.