Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Pa...@nokia.com on 2006/04/19 05:36:02 UTC

# character causes problem parsing -lib paths

Hello,

I have found that if I specify a -lib option with a path that contains a
hash "#" character, it cannot find the libraries. Without the #
character in the path they can be picked up fine.

This is not easily avoided in our environment, as we use Synergy for
SCM, which defaults to using # in the path when checking out projects.
This can be changed, but that is not desirable.

Is this a known bug? Does anyone know of any workarounds?

Many thanks

paul

Re: # character causes problem parsing -lib paths

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
I have just tested with java 1.3. and indeed # does not
work there. I have not looked into this too much, but can
only assume that this is due to a bug with java 1.3 which
was fixed for java 1.4. I am not too sure if ant can
work-around this issue.

Posted by Pa...@nokia.com.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Paul.Mackay@nokia.com wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
>  >I have made a change to ant SVN to fix this.
>
> So if I wanted to get a version of Ant with it fixed
> I could check it
> out from SVN?
>
> Is there any bug fix release schedule for Ant? I'm
> wondering because
> there has not been a new release for some time.

We have recently begun discussing a release of Ant
1.7.  Any user who wants to try out SVN HEAD, or a
release candidate when one is available, would only be
protecting his own future productivity by aiding the
effort of testing Ant in the wild.

-Matt

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
I have just checked.