Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com> on 2015/12/06 19:01:48 UTC

Rest-API for Latest Ranger code

Hi!

I have setup ranger with master branch code and now i want to use its rest
apis to manage policies. I saw guidance at here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/REST+APIs+for+Policy+Management#RESTAPIsforPolicyManagement-CreatePolicy:>.
I did not see any example for exclude and deny conditions. So when this
document will be updated according to latest code?

thanks

Re: Rest-API for Latest Ranger code

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
Aneela,

We are working on updating the documentation. In the meantime, please review the following Java classes for details:
 - PublicAPIsv2.java – details of the REST API. Can be accessed at protocol://ranger-admin-host:port/service/public/v2.
 - RangerPolicy.java – details of policy, including deny and exclude conditions

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need further details in using the REST APIs.

Madhan

From:  Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com>
Date:  Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM
To:  "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Rest-API for Latest Ranger code

Hi!

I have setup ranger with master branch code and now i want to use its rest apis to manage policies. I saw guidance at here. I did not see any example for exclude and deny conditions. So when this document will be updated according to latest code?

thanks