Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by asotobu <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 10:08:28 UTC

JsonValue and Malformed Json

Hi I am developing an application with Apache CXF 3.0.3. Currently I have two
endpoints, to simplify:

@GET
@Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
public Response movies() {
        List<javax.json.JsonValue> movies = moviesService.findMovies();
        return Response.ok(movies.get(0)).build();
}

This first endpoint works well and it returns a json document, but if I do
next:

@GET
    @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
    public Response movies() {
        List<JsonValue> movies = moviesService.findMovies();
        GenericEntity<List&lt;JsonValue>> list = new
GenericEntity<List&lt;JsonValue>>(movies) {
        };
        return Response.ok(list).build();
    }

Note that I am creating a GenericEntity of list of JsonValue (which as we
have seen in previous endpoint), cxf knows how to serialize. But I receive
next error:

No message body writer has been found for class java.util.Arrays$ArrayList,
ContentType: application/json

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or I am missing something but
this should work isn't it? Curently I am using CXF with TomEE 2.

Thank you so much.