Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Hachmann, Bjoern" <ha...@guj.de> on 2009/08/05 14:25:00 UTC

mergeContiguous for multiple search terms

Hello,

we would like to use the highlightingComponent with the mergeContiguous parameter set to true.

We have a field with value: Ökonom Charles Goodhart.

But, as I set the mergeContiguous parameter to true, I expected: <em>Ökonom Charles Goodhart</em>. Am I misunderstanding the behaviour of this parameter? We are using the dismax-query parser and solr-1.3.

Thank you very much for your time.
Björn Hachmann

Re: mergeContiguous for multiple search terms

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Hachmann, Bjoern wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we would like to use the highlightingComponent with the mergeContiguous parameter set to true.
>
> We have a field with value: Ökonom Charles Goodhart.

> But, as I set the mergeContiguous parameter to true, I expected: <em>Ökonom Charles Goodhart</em>. Am I misunderstanding the behaviour of this parameter? We are using the dismax-query parser and solr-1.3.

Currrent highlighter doesn't support this type of highlighting.
Using FastVectorHighlighter in Lucene 2.9, when you query
phrase ("Ökonom Charles Goodhart"), you can expect the output
you mentioned above. But it hasn't been in Solr yet.

Koji

AW: mergeContiguous for multiple search terms

Posted by "Hachmann, Bjoern" <ha...@guj.de>.
Hallo,

we are using Solr-1.3.

Thanks for your time.