Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com> on 2015/06/29 16:06:42 UTC

Windows Template Startup time

Hi,
I have create a windows server 2012 R2 64 bit template with 8 vCPU and 16Gbs RAM and 350Gbs as Root Disk and created template on cloudstack 4.3 and xen server 6.2 .
Now when I porvision vm with this template it takes around 15 minutes to start the VM and after creation it again takes around 20 minutes to reboot the VM.
Please help how can I minimize the reboot time .

With warm regards,Prashant Priyam(+91-8802955489)http://in.linkedin.com/in/prashantpriyam

RE: Windows Template Startup time

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
CPU Speed is 1995

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
Hi ilya,
I am still confused where exactly error is . I have gone through the cloudstack documentation for template creation and followed all the specified steps.
Is there anything more I should do to decrease the reboot time of VM.

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
 From my limited windos experience, syspred was a multi reboot process,

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
Reboot from ACS UI

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
Reboot from ACS UI

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
Hi Timothy,
Please fine the attached CSV for io performance report of VM . I have generated it with tool called iometer.

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
Hi Timothy,
I have installed xen tools on before converting it to template.

Posted by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com>.
Windows instances are usually having a much bigger size than the typical
Linux VM. It's normal to take longer. Even with 10GB network, it can
take up to 5 minutes depending of the load on our SS.

FG

On 2015-06-29 10:28 AM, Timothy Lothering wrote:
> Hi Prashant,
>
> There are a couple of questions here:
>
> 1. Has your hardware been configured for optimal I/O throughput?
> 2. Have you installed XenTools on the VM?
>
> Slow VM Template Deployment:
>
> Initial Template download from SS is dependent on the SSVM, CPU, RAM and Network speed. Check that all of these have been configured to optimal speed & size. Initial template deployment is "slow" as the template needs to be copied from SS first. Subsequent deployments should be faster.
>
> Slow VM Reboot:
>
> This is dependent on the hardware configuration and whether PV drivers (XenTools) have been installed.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Timothy Lothering
> Timothy Lothering
> Solutions Architect
> Managed Services
>
> T: +27877415535
> F: +27877415100
> C: +27824904099
> E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za
>

> DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
>
> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
> ('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Datacentrix does not
> own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of Datacentrix.
> The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally
> reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot assure that the integrity of this communication
> has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

Francois Gaudreault
Gestionnaire de Produit | Product Manager - Cloud Platform & Services
t:514-629-6775

CloudOps Votre partenaire infonuagique | Cloud Solutions Experts
420 rue Guy | Montreal | Quebec | H3J 1S6
w: cloudops.com | tw: @CloudOps_

RE: Windows Template Startup time

Posted by prashant priyam <pr...@outlook.com>.
Hi Timothy,