Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2006/06/07 15:49:12 UTC

Removing default manifest entries

I'm working on MJAR-38 and I don't like how Maven adds some arbitrary
manifest entries.  Specifically I'm referring to Specification-Title and
Specification-Vendor.  The patch for this issue allows the user to
override these entries defined by Maven but I would actually just like
to remove them so Maven does not create these entries at all.  The user
can still define them in their pom.  Is there any reason to keep these
entries (backwards compatability or some other reason)?

        if ( project.getDescription() != null )
        {
            addManifestAttribute( m, entries, "Specification-Title",
project.getDescription() );
        }

        if ( project.getOrganization() != null )
        {
            addManifestAttribute( m, entries, "Specification-Vendor",
project.getOrganization().getName() );
        }

Re: Removing default manifest entries

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
[My link numbering got messed up, it's difficult to count until three
when you haven't had coffee yet...]

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>