Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2011/03/04 12:43:55 UTC

new Ant task to generate a patch file

Hi All,

When working on the ExcelAnt contribution I found that the Ant project
provides a very elegant way of submitting patches.

     ant -f patch.xml

This will create a file named patch.tar.gz that will contain a unified
diff of files that have been modified and also include files that have
been added. This is cool because it standardizes the way in which patch
files are constructed. It also eliminates the chance of you missing to
submit new files that constitute part of the patch.

I included patch.xml in trunk and updated guidelines.html to reflect it.

Yegor