Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com> on 2005/10/22 02:20:52 UTC

Accessing repeaterLoop variable from Cocoon Forms

I am trying to use repeaters in my application. I have a "More" and
"Less" button to add and remove rows, and a hidden boolean widget to
indicate the last row. For this purpose, I am trying to set the value
using "repeaterLoop.last". Trouble is, that value was never set to
anything. So then I simplified my form to hold this:

        <ft:repeater-size id="searchDropDowns" />
        <ft:repeater-widget id="searchDropDowns">
           Row: <b>${repeaterLoop.index}</b>
        </ft:repeater-widget>

Early in the pipeline it looks like this:
        <fi:repeater-size id="searchDropDowns" size="1"/>
          Row:
    <b>${repeaterLoop.index}</b>

After it goes through the JX Transform, it looks like this:

    Row: <b></b>

So it looks like I am not getting access the the repeaterLoop object at
all. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to fix the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Accessing repeaterLoop variable from Cocoon Forms

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Oct 22, 2005, at 11:14 AM, Bruce Atherton wrote:

> No, I don't have 'jx-macro.xml" imported. In fact, I don't see that
> file anywhere in my cocoon 2.1.7 build.

It's in cocoon-forms.jar

> Should I have it somewhere?

Add this to your JX template:

   <jx:import
uri="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml"/>

...and get rid of FormsTemplateTransformer if you have that in your
pipeline.

GL,
—ml—

Re: Accessing repeaterLoop variable from Cocoon Forms

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Bruce Atherton wrote:
>
>> I am trying to use repeaters in my application. I have a "More" and
>> "Less" button to add and remove rows, and a hidden boolean widget to
>> indicate the last row. For this purpose, I am trying to set the value
>> using "repeaterLoop.last". Trouble is, that value was never set to
>> anything. So then I simplified my form to hold this:
>>
>>        <ft:repeater-size id="searchDropDowns" />
>>        <ft:repeater-widget id="searchDropDowns">
>>           Row: <b>${repeaterLoop.index}</b>
>>        </ft:repeater-widget>
>>
>> Early in the pipeline it looks like this:
>>        <fi:repeater-size id="searchDropDowns" size="1"/>
>>          Row:
>>    <b>${repeaterLoop.index}</b>
>>
>> After it goes through the JX Transform, it looks like this:
>>
>>    Row: <b></b>
>>
>> So it looks like I am not getting access the the repeaterLoop object
>> at all. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to fix the problem?
>

> Dumb question maybe, but have you imported jx-macro.xml in your JX
> template?

More likely to be dumb user. No, I don't have 'jx-macro.xml" imported.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Bruce Atherton wrote:
> I am trying to use repeaters in my application. I have a "More" and
> "Less" button to add and remove rows, and a hidden boolean widget to
> indicate the last row. For this purpose, I am trying to set the value
> using "repeaterLoop.last". Trouble is, that value was never set to
> anything. So then I simplified my form to hold this:
>
>        <ft:repeater-size id="searchDropDowns" />
>        <ft:repeater-widget id="searchDropDowns">
>           Row: <b>${repeaterLoop.index}</b>
>        </ft:repeater-widget>
>
> Early in the pipeline it looks like this:
>        <fi:repeater-size id="searchDropDowns" size="1"/>
>          Row:
>    <b>${repeaterLoop.index}</b>
>
> After it goes through the JX Transform, it looks like this:
>
>    Row: <b></b>
>
> So it looks like I am not getting access the the repeaterLoop object
> at all. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to fix the problem?

Dumb question maybe, but have you imported jx-macro.xml in your JX template?

Sylvain