Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Dan K." <da...@YorkU.CA> on 2002/05/10 20:53:09 UTC

intake field element's mapToObject attribute

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed that the <field> element in the intake.xml file can have a
"mapToObject" attribute (similar to the group's mapToObject attribute) but
there's no doc on it other than a brief mention in the intake
documentation.  I can't seem to figure it out so I'm wondering if it's
even functional.  Has anyone here tried it (Scott Weaver, John McNally?)?
Thanks.

Regards,
Dan

Re: intake field element's mapToObject attribute

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
It should work, though I am not using it atm.  I generally map a single
group to a single business object.  Some people might prefer to have the
group map more directly to the fields in an html form.  As these fields
could map to multiple business objects, I made it possible for each
field to map to a specific object.

So I think it will work.  But whether it fits your problem, I cannot
say.

john mcnally

Posted by "Dan K." <da...@YorkU.CA>.
Hi Ben,

Thanks.  But I've gone over that doc and that's where I noticed it.
I have searched the mail archives and haven't been able to find anyone
who use this attribute in the <field> element (I've got it working in the
<group> element, piece of cake).  I guess I'm trekking on new grounds...

Regards,
Dan

Posted by Ben Peter <bp...@zentropypartners.com>.
Dan,

Dan K. wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just noticed that the <field> element in the intake.xml file can have a
> "mapToObject" attribute (similar to the group's mapToObject attribute) but
> there's no doc on it other than a brief mention in the intake
> documentation.  I can't seem to figure it out so I'm wondering if it's
> even functional.  Has anyone here tried it (Scott Weaver, John McNally?)?
> Thanks.
[...]