Posted to user@struts.apache.org by fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> on 2007/02/12 17:12:40 UTC

usage of constant in validation-rules in custom validator

Created a custom validator.

I have created a constant in validation-rules.xml
<constant>
	<constant-name>alpha_num</constant-name>
	<constant-value>^[a-zA-Z0-9]*$</constant-value>
</constant>

Is it possible to use the this constant in my custom validator I created.

If so, how to use it?

Also, Is it possible to get message from the MessageResource.properties.
If so, How to get the message too from the customer validator?

Thanks.