Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Ecker <da...@ecker-software.de> on 2012/11/28 22:17:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Authentication by checking that a user only exists

Hi,
how can I solve the following situation?

The user should be authenticated in two steps:

1) Check in Radius, Tacas, LDAP Server or any other external datasource
by validation user and password.

2) Check in local sqlite3 database that a user exists, do not check the
password, it is not set for external defined users.

The user should be successfully authenticated only if both criterias are
satisfied.

Thanks,
David

Re: [users@httpd] Authentication by checking that a user only exists

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
mod_authnz_ldap for authentication
mod_authz_dbd for authorization

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 4:17 PM, David Ecker <da...@ecker-software.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> how can I solve the following situation?
>
> The user should be authenticated in two steps:
>
> 1) Check in Radius, Tacas, LDAP Server or any other external datasource by
> validation user and password.
>
> 2) Check in local sqlite3 database that a user exists, do not check the
> password, it is not set for external defined users.
>
> The user should be successfully authenticated only if both criterias are
> satisfied.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Authentication by checking that a user only exists

Posted by David Ecker <da...@ecker-software.de>.
Hi,

it seems that it won't compile because of missing apr_sigfunc_t.  That's
because apache is compiled with:

#define APR_HAVE_SIGACTION      0

Posted by FINESEC <in...@finesec.com>.
Hi,