Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@phoneZoo.com> on 2008/05/30 20:18:20 UTC

ibatis 3 cache

'ello dev list.

is ibatis 3 in svn ok to use for alpha?
(is it still kiss?)

any rumors as to what it will be/have/eta?

also, plz consider using memCached for default cache.

;-)

.V

Re: ibatis 3 cache

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
>> is ibatis 3 in svn ok to use for alpha?

Considering you don't have access to it, no.  :-)  It's not being developed
"secretively", but it is separate so that we can focus without too much
interruption.  It would be impossible to get it out at all if the vision was
constantly changing.  For now, a limited focus group is working on it.

>> (is it still kiss?)

Even more so.  If anything, performance will suffer for the sake of
simplicity.  Hopefully a temporary situation, but performance is taking a
back seat to code quality, testability and readability of the framework code
itself.

>> any rumors as to what it will be/have/eta?

There's an entire wiki page full of ideas that I believe you've already
seen.  http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Home

>> also, plz consider using memCached for default cache.

Not a chance in hell.  :-)

Cheers,
Clinton