Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alex Tian <al...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/15 11:45:41 UTC

Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie to both Spring web flow and Javaserver faces, recently I've
encounted a problem with Myfaces Tomahawk JSF datatable component problem
with SWF.

I was trying to use Tomahawk's datatable component with AJAX-powered auto
sorting and pagination. When page's been loaded, the table with the first
page's data is dislplayed, but when I tried to click some links(e.g.
fastforward or page number links) on this component, nothing happened...
Has anyone tried to integrate Myfaces datatable components with Spring web
flow ?
Any help would be appreciated...

Re: Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...

Posted by Alex Tian <al...@hotmail.com>.
Generally speaking, when integrate them tegother, it's not that difficult
except for some sophisticated AJAXified JSF components, you have to take
care of the flowExecutionKey... I am still doing research on it... found a
sample elsewhere, gonna try it out...

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
> Veit,
>
> I am not a user of webflow, but since Shale dialog is only supporting
> JSF, I'd consider to use that one, since it is much much closer to JSF
> than webflow, I think
>
> -M

I second that, if you need a sophisticated dialog mechanism, please
consider shale dialog it is very close to webflow in concept but more
jsf centric.

Re: Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...

Posted by Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de>.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:39:41 +0100
Von: Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>
An: users@myfaces.apache.org
CC:
Betreff: Re: Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...

> Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:
> > I've tried to get Webflow working with JSF in a portlet enviroment. It
> > actually works, and JSFs binding and validation is much better then
> > Spring MVC's.
> >
> > According to the Webflow jira, there are problems with JSF and the
> > backbutton. But that is screwed in both portlet enviroments and JSF in
> > general anyway.
> >
> Portlets, maybe,
> jsf definitely no,
> both the ri and myfaces have mechanisms which do the back button properly
>
> Client side is clear with the state embedded in the form
> server side you can enable in both implementations a state history
> which is rolled back in a back button situation.

Is it really true with server side state saving? Where can I configure this history in myfaces? and what is "rolled back" then?

I ran into trouble when I switched from client to server state saving because clicking the back button in a flow didn't rollback the used objects. AFAIR this didn't happen with client state saving because the object was serialized in the webpage. Because of the increased page-size and traffic I switched to server state then. Currently I'm evualuating webflow components like Shale-Dialog or Spring Webflow to get that object-page-state behavior again in combination with auto-session-cleanup :).

Veit

Re: Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...

Posted by Jörn Zaefferer <jo...@googlemail.com>.
I was referring to the fact that nearly everything is POSTed in JSF. Is
there a standard way to do GETs?

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Zaefferer <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de>.

Datum: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:44:54 +0100
Von: "Matthias Wessendorf" <ma...@apache.org>
An: "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
CC:

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
no-gos ?

Posted by Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de>.

Datum: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:30:41 +0100
Von: "Matthias Wessendorf" <ma...@apache.org>
An: "MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
CC:

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Veit,

I am not a user of webflow, but since Shale dialog is only supporting
JSF, I'd consider to use that one, since it is much much closer to JSF
than webflow, I think

-M

On 3/15/07, Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de> wrote:
> No, sorry. But can I ask you a counterquestion :)?
>
> Independend of your current problem, how nice does spring webflow play together with JSF (myfaces)? I read about some problems in the webflow jira concerning JSF. Which version do you use? How well does it handle the browser navigation buttons with jsf? Is it easy to handle (more configuration than programming)?
>
> Veit
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: Alex Tian <al...@hotmail.com>
> An: users@myfaces.apache.org
> CC:
> Betreff: Help !!! myfaces tomahawk JSF datatable component problem with Spring Web Flow...
>

> > Hi everyone,
> > I'm a newbie to both Spring web flow and Javaserver faces, recently I've
> > encounted a problem with Myfaces Tomahawk JSF datatable component problem
> > with SWF.
> >
> > I was trying to use Tomahawk's datatable component with AJAX-powered auto
> > sorting and pagination. When page's been loaded, the table with the first
> > page's data is dislplayed, but when I tried to click some links(e.g.
> > fastforward or page number links) on this component, nothing happened...
> > Has anyone tried to integrate Myfaces datatable components with Spring web
> > flow ?
> > Any help would be appreciated...
> >
> > --

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:

Datum: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
Von: Alex Tian <al...@hotmail.com>
An: users@myfaces.apache.org
CC:

Posted by Alex Tian <al...@hotmail.com>.
I am using Tomahawk's datatable with auto sorting and pagination.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

which ajax-support are you using; ajax4jsf, or something other?

The problem should be more concerned to the combination of dataTable
and the ajax-mechanism.

cheers,

Gerald

On 3/15/07, Alex Tian <al...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to both Spring web flow and Javaserver faces,
> recently I've encounted a problem with Myfaces Tomahawk JSF datatable
> component problem with SWF. I was trying to use Tomahawk's datatable
> component with AJAX-powered auto sorting and pagination. When page's been
> loaded, the table with the first page's data is dislplayed, but when I tried
> to click some links(e.g. fastforward or page number links) on this
> component, nothing happened... Has anyone tried to integrate Myfaces
> datatable components with Spring web flow ? Any help would be appreciated...

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German