Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Robert Esterer <ro...@secardeo.com> on 2004/11/08 13:49:47 UTC

XMLsec 1.1.0 in Windows

Hello,

I started writing a program for signing multiple files in Windows using a
detached XML signature and encountered two errors.

1) Signing with CryptoAPI seems to be broken.
I tried it with Windows XP and 2000 using SmartCard and software keys but
every time the signature element itself is broken. Verifying signatures
using the Windows CryptoAPI works fine, so does signing with openSSL. I
switched to openSSL for now but I'd like to be able to use SmartCards via
CryptoAPI which is one reason why I use Windows for this.

2) The URI Resolver is picky about resolving relative URIs
The URI resolver sometimes doesn't resolve the URI correctly and instead
calls BinFileInputStream() with the realative path. This error is quite
strange because the Resolver sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I fixed
this for now by checking 'realPath' in XSECURIResolverGenericWin32.cpp and
constructing the URI myself if it is still relative.

I might look into the first problem myself sometime if I have the time,
until then I'd be glad if someone knew about this problem and how to fix it.

Best Regards,
Robert Esterer