Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wan Agus <br...@akewan.com> on 2007/05/26 05:59:46 UTC

Linking Purchase/Sales Invoice with Customer Return Invoice?

Hi everyone,

Here's a question that seems basic but I can't seem to find the answer
in the documentations.  I have users who wants to link Purchase/Sales
invoice with Customer Return invoices, basically counting the CR
invoices as a sort of payment.  I saw the code that calculate the total
amount, applied amount (and hence unapplied amount) of an invoice and
they only take PaymentApplication into account and nothing else.  Here's
a use case that we're running into:

A Purchase Invoice has been posted.  Before we pay it, we realize the
vendor is overcharging us, so ideally, we want to create a CR invoice,
attach it to the Purchase Invoice and when we pay the reminder (through
Payment and PaymentApplication), the invoice can be moved to Paid
state.  Is this something that opentaps/ofbiz supports?   Also, since
I'm a neophyte in both opentaps and accounting in general, is this
usually a generally accepted practice?

thanks,
wan